$16,750 2009 SUZUKI N109 CUSTOM
QLD | 7,200Kms
JUST Bikes 14/07/2012
Harley-Davidson Australia will unleash the stripped down style of the bobber back into Australia with the release of the Softail Slim on September 1st.
Harley-Davidson describes the Softail Slim as a mix of past and present. The focal point is the powerful, high performance engine that has been designed with state of the art engineering. The rear is scaled down to keep the motor as the focus, giving the Softail Slim that old school Harley-Davidson look with a simple minimalistic design.
Adam Wright, Marketing Director at Harley-Davidson Australia and New Zealand explains:
“The sleek Softail Slim has the power of a 1690 cc Twin Cam 103B engine on a narrow Softail frame; add this to the unique chassis and low seat height and you get a smoothness and fluidity that ensures the ultimate ride.”
The bobber look is achieved by incorporating the narrow frame of the 1940s with a range of period-styled features such as a horseshoe oil tank, retro half-moon footboards, retro speedo face, Hollywood handlebars and black steel laced wheels.
“The combination of power on a narrow chassis ensures a bike that has character and attitude,” added Adam.
The Softail Slim will be available to purchase from September with a Ride Away price of $26,995. For those keen to test it before then, most local dealerships currently have a Softail Slim demonstrator available for test rides.
Key features of the 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim.
• Rigid-mounted, air-cooled, 1690 cc Twin Cam 103B™ counter-balanced engine with Automatic Compression Release (ACR) rated at 98.7 ft. lbs. peak torque at 3000 rpm
• Powertrain is finished in Black powdercoat with polished covers
• 6-Speed Cruise Drive Transmission
• Chrome, over/under shotgun exhaust with slash cut mufflers
• Gloss Black round air cleaner cover
• Classic 5.0-gallon Fat Bob fuel tank
• Black “cat’s eye” console holds electronic speedometer with retro-style face
• Dunlop 16-inch (MT90B16) front and rear (MU85B16) tires
• Black, Steel Laced wheels
• Hollywood handlebar with cross-brace
• Gloss black headlamp with chrome trim ring
• Gloss black nacelle with punched louvers
• Half-moon footboards with retro-style foot control pads
• Chopped rear fender exposes rear tire
• Trimmed FL front fender
• Side-mounted license plate bracket
• Combination stop/tail/turn tail lights
• Solo seat with black tuck-and-roll vinyl cover
• Forged rear fender supports are finished in Gloss Black powdercoat
• Gloss black “horseshoe” oil tank
• Paint color choices include: Vivid Black; Black Denim; and Ember Red Sunglo
• Security Package Option (factory-installed option) includes: Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise.
For more information, visit Harley Davidson at www.h-d.com.au
QLD | 7,200Kms
QLD | 6,539Kms
If you have motorcycle parts from a restoration project lying around or need to clean out your shed
JUST_ADMIN | 02/10/2012
31st Anniversary of Southern Classic on October at BroadfordCome and experience motorcycle racing at
JUST_ADMIN | 02/10/2012
06/09/2013 07:00 AM - 09/09/2013 05:00 PM
Barmah Muster Yards Barmah
08/11/2013 07:00 AM - 10/11/2013 05:00 PM
Fish Holes site, Enduro Road near Portland Vic, follow the rally signs from the Shell servo at Portland
26/10/2013 07:00 AM - 26/10/2013 05:00 PM
Laidley Showgrounds, 16km east of Gatton Off the Warrego Hwy halfway between Brisbane and Toowoomba
25/08/2013 07:00 AM - 25/08/2013 05:00 PM
19/05/2013 07:00 AM - 19/05/2013 05:00 PM
Club Meeting Information: Regular 2-4 hour rides in SE Qld mountain areas
The club is open to owners of any model Harley Davidson manufactured between 1903 and 1965. The club has monthly rides to various locations throughout Victoria