Oldtimer Australia
  • $199,950
    Inc Gov Charges
    • 4,396 Kms
    • Coupe
    Following Henry Ford II’s failed takeover of Ferrari in 1963 Ford directed his race team to build a car to beat Ferrari at endurance racing. Following discussions with Lola, Lotus and Cooper Ford opted to work with Lola and hired key people to the project, including former Aston Martin Team Manager John Wyer, and the Ford GT40 was born. The car first raced in May 1964 at the Nurburgring 1000km where it had a promising start but soon retired with mechanical problems. Ongoing mechanical problems plagued the team and in late 1964 Carroll Shelby was subsequently hired to ‘sort the car out’! Success didn’t happen overnight and apart from a single victory at the Daytona 2000 in February, 1965 was an unsuccessful season from a results perspective for Ford. It was very different in 1966 and the Ford GT40’s, now powered by a 7 litre V8 engine took all before them winning race after race including the prestigious 24 hours of Le Mans. From 1966 to 1969 the Ford GT40 dominated endurance racing all over the world including winning Le Mans consecutively from 1966 to 1969. Today the Ford GT40 is an icon and it is one of the most recognised and collectible cars ever built. As such it is not surprising that there have been many replicas and recreations built over the years. Ford themselves introduced the Ford GT in 2005 that was inspired by the original GT40. This car was a resounding success and produced in limited numbers over a two year production run. In fact it was so successful that Ford is preparing for a ‘new’ Ford GT to enter production. British company Safir Engineering entered into an agreement with Walter Hayes of Ford and John Wilment of JW Automotive Engineering to continue to produce a limited number of GT40s, the Mk V, during the 1980s. At which time, Safir applied for and was issued a trademark from the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the ‘GT40’ trademark, which the Ford Motor Company had never done. Subsequently Safir Engineering was dissolved and the rights to the GT40 trademark etc were transferred to US based company Safir GT40 Spares. Subsequently Safir GT40 Spares granted a licence to American company Superformance to build GT40’s under licence. The Superformance (Hi-Tech) GT40 is recognised as a ‘continuation car’ and the following description is from their website: A quality re-creation of the original that beat Ferrari and finished in the top three positions in the gruelling Le Mans 24 Hours in 1966. In developing the exhilarating GT40 continuation, engineers went to great lengths to ensure authenticity. So authentic, that we can legally use the name “GT40”. The GT40 also carries the GT40/P chassis number, the cars are listed in the Shelby Car World Registry and official GT40 registry. The GT40 continuation is built to exacting standards - in fact over two thirds of the rolling chassis’ parts are interchangeable with that of an original car, including the 'monocoque`` style chassis. The Superformance GT40 also boasts of a pressed steel roof and beautifully finished body. Current models offered are the MKI and MKII which are available in right and left hand drive. Add your choice of power (big or small block) with a ZF/RBT transaxle, and prepare yourself for extreme satisfaction and the ultimate in styling. The cars are built by Hi-Tech in South Africa. Oldtimer Australia is delighted to offer a Superformance (Hi-Tech) GT40. This particular car being chassis number GT40P2260 was commissioned from Superformance in 2007 and subsequently imported into Australia. The car’s owner was hell bent on registering the car in Australia and he went on a mission to do exactly that. After many years of working with the authorities and tens of thousands of dollars later, incredibly he was able to have the car meet Australian Compliance Regulations and it was finally registered in Queensland in October 2010. This particular car is right hand drive and it features a right hand gear change. The car is powered by a Ford 5.4 litre Boss V8 with throttle body fuel injection that is mated to a ZF Quaife gearbox. The car sits on BRM style wheels - 8” x 15” front and 10” x 15” rear. Suspension is adjustable rose-jointed with Billstein coil-over shocks. The interior features seats trimmed as original along with period style switches and Smith gauges. The car also has the optional ‘gurney bump’ giving a little more head room for taller drivers. However, unlike the original the Superformance (Hi-Tech) GT 40 has air conditioning with the unit cleverly disguised as a dry sump tank. In Evo magazine’s 2007 ‘Road and Track Car of the Year’ comparison the Superformance (Hi Tech) GT40 placed third out of the twelve cars tested, behind the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and Caterham R400. They give this car a big wrap “ . . . and so to the top three. You don’t have to be an enthusiast of a certain age to be seduced by the Hi-Tech GT40. ‘I felt like Steve McQueen at LeMans,’ said young Catchpole. It’s a highly authentic experience, visually and dynamically, and although there are a whole heap of cars here that would show it the way home, that didn’t make it any less desirable. Truly intoxicating.” Turn the key, push the start button and the V8 roars to life. It warms quickly, you then you select first gear and plant your foot. It becomes immediately apparent that this car is an absolute beast! It has performance on tap to challenge just about any modern super car. That said the car is relatively easy to drive and quite happy to cruise along in traffic. The car has travelled only 4,396km and it has never been tracked. Its overall condition is simply ‘like new’ inside and out. Not surprisingly this car turns heads everywhere it goes. It is a multi-award winner and our photo shoot ended up being a drive by car show! This is understood to be one of only five Superformance (Hi-Tech) GT40’s in Australia and most likely the only car that is complianced and fully road registered. A unique opportunity. Price: $219,950.
  • $179,950
    Inc Gov Charges
    • V8cyl 3.2LL
    • MANUAL
    • 2D COUPE
    The Ferrari 308 GTB was introduced at the 1975 Paris Motor Show, essentially to replace the 246 Dino GT. The car was designed to fit between the top of the range 365 GT/4 Berlinetta Boxer and 2+2 308 GT/4. The car was released to critical acclaim and its sweeping Pininfarina design was admired by everyone who laid eyes on it. Originally the car was manufactured with a glass reinforced plastic (fibreglass) body to keep the weight down and it was powered by a three litre V8 engine with a dry sump. Only circa 800 fibreglass cars were built before Ferrari reverted to a more conventional steel body construction in 1977. Most markets also reverted to having a wet sump engine. In 1977 Ferrari introduced the 308 GTS, which was essentially the same car with a targa roof. The car was made famous through its appearance on the TV show Magnum PI. The model evolved into the 308 GTBi / 308 GTSi in 1980 when Bosch K-Jetronic mechanical fuel injection replaced the traditional Weber carburettors. Two years later the four valves per cylinder “Quattrovalvole” or “QV” was introduced. The 308 was an incredible success and circa 12,000 cars were built from 1975 to 1985 before the 328 was introduced. The 328 GTB / GTS was essentially an updated version of the 308 with the same engine as its predecessor, but with an increased capacity of 3185 cc. The styling remained similar though its overall profile was somewhat ‘softer’ and the car featured colour coded front and rear bumpers. By mid-1988 ABS brakes were available and these car were fitted with a convex shaped wheels. Interestingly 328 GTS production out numbered 328 GTB production by a factor of five to one. Oldtimer Australia has on offer a 1989 Ferrari 328 GTS. This particular car is an Australian delivered factory RHD example (compliance plate dated 3/89) that is understood to have been sold new by Ferrari Sydney. Whilst it has the convex shaped wheels the car is in fact a pre ABS model. The car’s first owner traded his Ferrari 308 for this 328 GTS enjoying the car for a number of years before it passed to its second owner in the mid 1990’s. The second owner was a well-known Ferrari Club stalwart who regularly used the car attending many rallies and Club events. In the mid 2000’s he traded the car on a Ferrari 355 and it then went to Perth, WA for its third owner. The car then came back to NSW in 2010 where it was repainted and bought up to its current condition and kept in storage until it was sold to the Gosford Classic Car Museum in 2015. The car was sold by Oldtimer Australia to its current owner in February 2016. A change in his circumstances have resulted in this car now being offered for sale. Today the car presents beautifully in its original colour scheme of ‘rosso corsa’ (paint code 300/9) with a tan leather interior. The paint work is virtually unmarked and stunning in every regard. The wheels are also in excellent condition, as is the trim, badges, glass etc. The panel gaps are very good. The car looks to be correct in every way and it drives as it should. Oldtimer Australia has sold a number of 328’s over the years and this one drives as well as any of them. It is an absolute delight to drive! The car starts easily and once on the open road it pulls strongly through the rev range and shifts through the gears smoothly. The car also handles and stops as it should. The interior is also in excellent condition belying of a car that is circa 28 years old. The seats, door cards, dash, instruments etc look to be original, however, the car was carpeted by a previous owner. The car has just been fitted with a new set of tyres and it is accompanied by the correct tool roll, jack kit and removable targa top cover which are all in excellent condition. The odometer reads 108,594 km. Listed price: AUD $179,950.
  • 1959 M.G. MGA FOR SALE

    Brisbane QLD
    $47,500
    Inc Gov Charges
    • 85,112 Kms
    • 4cyl 1489L
    • MANUAL
    • COUPE
    MG is one of the world’s most iconic motoring brands. Founded in 1924 by Cecil Kimber, MG (which are the initials for Morris Garages) produced some fabulous cars pre-war and enjoyed much success in motoring racing. A milestone for the company occurred in 1933 when an MG Magnette K3 became the first non-Italian car to win its class at the Mile Miglia. Today when someone mentions MG you immediately think of ‘the affordable, everyman’s sports car’, and particularly the MGB. It was, however, post-World War II that MG really brought the sports car to the people with the MG TC. The MG TA (built from 1936 – 1939) and MG TB (built from 1939 – 1940) were well regarded sports cars, but sold only in relatively small numbers. Introduced in 1945 the MG TC was in fact a very similar car to the MG TB, both visually and also mechanically sharing the same 1250 cc engine but with a slightly higher compression ratio. Whilst only built as right hand drive America fell in love with the MG TC and many cars were sold to American serviceman serving in the UK and Europe at the end of the war. In fact everyone loved the TC and cars were sold to all points of the globe! Over six years of production MG sold 10,000 MG TC’s. The MG TC was succeeded by the MG TD in 1945 and circa 30,000 cars were built before being replaced by the MG TF in 1953. Just under 10,000 TF’s were built of which one third had the 1500 cc engine. The T Series MG’s were replaced by the MGA in 1955. The MGA was introduced to compete with the new and very fresh Austin Healey. This model was a completely new design which proved to be another great success story for BMC. In total just over 100,000 MGA’s were built from 1955 through until 1962. When introduced the MGA was powered by a 1489cc four cylinder engine and the first MGA’s were often referred to as MGA 1500. The MGA power plant went through a number of improvements through the models life, including an increase to 1588cc in 1959 (MGA 1600) and then to 1622cc in 1961 (MGA Mark II). MG also introduced a high performance version of the MGA, the MGA Twin Cam in 1958. The MGA was available as both a convertible and coupe, however, less than 10% of total production were coupes making these cars quite rare today. Oldtimer Australia is delighted to offer for sale this lovely 1959 MGA 1500 Coupe. The car is an early 1959 production with the 15GD type engine. The chassis number prefix of HMR23 confirms the car is a factory RHD coupe, export model that was originally finished in old english white. The car’s early history is not known, however, it is understood to have been traded to MG specialists Abingdon Motors in Brisbane in the early 2000’s. The car was treated to a very high standard restoration and subsequently purchased by an MG enthusiast who lived on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland on the 9th February 2004. At that time the odometer showed c81,000 miles. The car remained in his ownership for the next seventeen years before being acquired by its current owner some twelve months ago. He has decided to replace the MGA with an MGA Twin Cam, hence, this car is now offered for sale. Today the odometer reads 85,114 miles which confirms the car has been used sparingly since it was restored. The condition of the car today is simply stunning. The paintwork remains fresh with a good depth of colour. There is the odd blemish or stone chip evident but you have to look hard. All of the exterior chrome, trim and glass are also in very good condition. The only exception being the front badge which is cracked. The interior remains pretty much ‘as new’ and in fabulous condition all round. A modern radio is fitted with speakers discretely mounted under the dash. In c2006 the car’s then owner decided to fit an MGB engine (which was fully rebuilt) into the car to improve its drivability and performance. At that time chrome wire wheels were also fitted to the car. The original engine from the car and wheels (which are all in good condition) will accompany the car. There is also a modern jack and hammer to remove/replace the wire wheels. The MGA Coupes are quite rare and it would be hard to find a better example. Listed price AUD $47,500
  • $69,950
    Inc GST
    • 4cyl 1.6LL
    • MANUAL
    Peugeot was a family business established in 1810 manufacturing coffee mills. In 1830 they commenced manufacturing bicycles and then in 1889 they built their first automobile, a three wheeled steam powered car. The Peugeot name is synonymous with innovation and the company was indeed a pioneer in early automobile manufacture. Over the years Peugeot evolved to become one of the world’s leading automobile manufactures and along with Renault and Citroen were the pillars of the French automotive industry. In addition to building family cars Peugeot did build a number of very interesting sporting cars, none more so than the 404 Cabriolet. The 404 Series cars were introduced in 1960 and the model was resounding success with almost 3,000,000 cars built in thirty years of production. Peugeot wanted to compete with the likes of Fiat, Lancia and Alfa Romeo and engaged Pininfarina to design a sporting coupe and cabriolet version of the 404. First shown at the 1961 Paris Motor Show these cars were very well received and soon entered production. It is understood Peugeot never built the 404 Cabriolet in right hand drive and it was left to Peugeot UK to supply right hand drive cars. They converted some ten cars to right hand drive selling them new with a full dealer / factory warranty during the mid to late 1960’s. Unfortunately these cars were quite expensive and adding the cost of the conversion resulted in them being GBP300 more than a Jaguar E-Type in the day! Oldtimer Australia is delighted to offer a right hand drive Peugeot 404 Cabriolet for sale. This example is one of the ten cars converted to right hand drive by Peugeot UK and according to the UK Peugeot Register there are only three known cars, including this one, that survive. This car’s very early history is not known, however, it was purchased by a Charles Mooney in the 1970’s or 1980’s in the UK and he brought the car with him to New Zealand when he emigrated there in 1991. The car was sold shortly thereafter in 1992 to Tony Haycock, who is well-known in motoring circles in New Zealand, being a one-time editor and contributor to New Zealand classic car magazine and a keen Peugeot collector. Tony owned the car for some time, covering over 10,000 miles in it. The car then went to the south island of New Zealand where it changed hands twice before returning to Auckland. The current owner acquired the lovely Peugeot eighteen months ago and he has spent considerable time and money going through and fully sorting the car. Cosmetically and structurally the car was very good, though there was one area of rust repaired in the car. A new soft top with the correct three part rear window was sourced from the UK, the front seats were reupholstered in leather (the rear was vinyl from the factory), the carpet was replaced to the front and over the transmission tunnel in contrasting colour (as originally done). There is new ribbed vinyl floor matting to the rear, the same as the boot. All of the bright work has been re-chromed where necessary (bumper, door handles etc). Auto France in Auckland checked over the mechanicals and the car was found to be in very good order. The starter motor was reconditioned. This example is powered by a 1618 cc four cylinder fuel injected engine mated to a gearbox with a four speed column shift. Following this refresh the car presents and drives beautifully. On offer is a unique opportunity and fresh alternative into early sixties European sports motoring. What a great alternative to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider or Fiat Spider.
  • $59,950
    Ex Gov Charges
    • 169,188 Kms
    • V8cyl 3818L
    • AUTOMATIC
    • 2D CONVERTIBLE
    Following the outbreak of the first word war in 1914 Europe’s car industry was decimated. In Germany both Daimler and Benz went back to producing cars post war, however, times were tough. A merger between Daimler and Benz would ensure that both companies survived and following a technical co-operation agreement in 1924 the companies formally merged on the 1st July 1926. Mercedes Benz was born! Subsequently Mercedes Benz went on to build some of the greatest cars of all time. The cars from Stuttgart bearing the three pointed star all had one thing in common . . . they were renowned for their technical innovation, build quality, luxury and performance. In the 1950’s Mercedes Benz produced one of the greatest cars of all time – the iconic 300SL Gullwing and 300SL Roadster. Whilst fabulous cars, they were very expensive and generally sold to the rich and famous. Mercedes wanted to build a sporting luxury car that still looked classical in the mould of the 300SL, but it had to be affordable and the plan was to build such a car in far greater numbers than the exclusive 300SL’s. Enter the Type W121 or 190SL as it became known in the mid 1950’s. This model was an outstanding success and circa 25,000 cars were built over the next 8 years of production. The formula worked and Mercedes Benz carried it on with great success in the 1960’s with the Type W112 230SL/250SL/280SL models. This evolved into the Type R107/C107 280SL(C)/350SL(C)/380SL(C)/450SL(C) models built throughout the 1970’s and 1980’s. In recent years the demand for these cars has skyrocketed, though the later cars have remained relatively affordable compared to the Type W112 models and present an excellent buying opportunity in today’s market. Oldtimer Australia is delighted to offer a 1982 Mercedes Benz 380SL. Highlights: – Australian delivered (York Motors – Sydney), factory RHD example. – matching numbers car as confirmed by the factory data card. – a totally original and unmolested ‘time capsule’. – hard top / soft top. – hard top stand. – fabulous original colour scheme of red with a black interior. – full books including the original tags for the cruise control and stereo. They are all MINT. – fully stamped service book showing impeccable service history. – documented mileage of 169,188 km. – one owner car for the majority of its life. The first owner lived in Sydney and moved to the Sunshine Coast circa 2005. The car was recently sold to the neighbour as the owner needed some funds for a business venture. – the paint has a high gloss and is exceptional for a 35 year ‘young’ car! It is extensively original with the odd paint touch up evident and perhaps the boot has been repainted. There is the odd blemish or stone chip evident also, but you have to look hard! – the interior is in excellent condition, consistent with the rest of the car. The upholstery has no rips or tears and is unmarked. The timber is also in excellent condition. – all of the instruments and controls are in excellent condition and look to be in working order. The A/C blows ice cold air. – the soft top looks to have been ‘rarely used’, however, it is in average condition. As a result of ‘tucked away’ for many many years the clear window is showing some signs of yellowing and has a small hole in it. There is also the odd imperfection the fabric. – the car starts easily and drives as good as it looks. – the car has just been gone through and sorted by a classic Mercedes Benz specialist and all it now needs is a new owner to use it and enjoy it! – this has to be the best example available in Australia.
  • $159,950
    Inc GST
    • 7,892 Miles
    • 6cyl 7668L
    • MANUAL
    • SALOON
    The legend that was to become Rolls Royce was founded in May 1904 when a deal was struck between Frederick Henry Royce and Charles Stewart Rolls. Shortly after the first Rolls Royce motor car, the Rolls-Royce 10hp, was unveiled at the Paris Motor Show in December 1904. It was agreed that Rolls Royce would initially manufacture four different models being a two cylinder 10hp model, a three cylinder 15hp model, a four cylinder 20hp model and a six cylinder 20hp model. It was immediately apparent that to manufacture their cars Rolls Royce would require a larger factory and the decision was made to establish their headquarters and manufacturing facility on the outskirts of Derby in the east midlands of England. On the 15th March 1906 the company Rolls Royce Limited was formed and during this year Royce had been developing an improved six-cylinder model with more power than the 30hp. Initially designated the 40/50hp, this was the company’s first all-new model that was also to become known as the Silver Ghost. Introduced in 1907, the 40/50hp or Silver Ghost remained in production until 1926. Originally powered by a 7,036cc six-cylinder engine, this was increased to 7,428cc in 1909 and following rave reviews was designated by the English car magazine Autocar as ‘the best car in the world’. Like all car manufacturers Rolls Royce was impacted by the First World War, however, post war the company made a strategic decision to manufacture a cheaper smaller car, enter the Rolls Royce 20hp. This model was a success and produced alongside the Silver Ghost and its successor the Phantom ensuring the Rolls Royce motor car company would survive and prosper. In 1931 Rolls Royce acquired the Bentley motor car company. The Silver Ghost was an outstanding success and unbelievably a total of 7874 cars were produced from 1907 to 1926 and it is understood that some 200 cars were sold new in Australia. A hard act to follow indeed, enter in 1925 the Rolls Royce ‘New Phantom’ known later as the Phantom 1. Although using the same chassis as the Silver Ghost the Phantom featured a new 7668 cc six cylinder engine. Oldtimer Australia is delighted to offer for a sale a fabulous and incredibly original 1925 Rolls Royce ‘New Phantom’ or Phantom 1 bodied by Martin & King. The car goes by the name of ‘Rosie’ and she is chassis number 78MC with engine number AY15. The factory build sheets confirm the car is ‘matching numbers’. The car is a ‘long chassis’ and the build sheets note the car as off-test in July 1925. The cars was ordered new with brass fittings, including the radiator shutters. The coachwork was by Windovers and the build sheets note the body type as an open tourer. The car sold through Dalgety to Sol Green a well-known book maker, financier and philanthropist in Melbourne, Australia in August 1925. Green obviously had a like for brass fittings on his Rolls Royces motor cars as his 1921 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost, a car previously sold by Oldtimer Australia, was also ordered that way. The car is well documented in the book Rolls Royce and Bentley in the Sunburnt Country by Tom Clarke & David Neely. Following is the history as described in the book: 78MC – engine AY15, long chassis , off test July 1925, brass fittings, Windovers allweather, possibly with California top (body no.5168, Aug. 1925), Dunlop artillery wheels, via Dalgety and All Bristish to Sol Green (bookmaker and financier), St Kilda, Melbourne, Feb. 1926 reg’d VIC-22-766, VIC-26-635. Bumpers, levers, hubnuts and interior fittings goldplated. Rebodied as Martin & King saloon ca 1933 for Green (L. Dalton, Rolls-Royce: the Derby Phantoms, 1991, p.33); Mr Baker, ‘Greengables’, East Malvern, Melb., late 1930’s reg’d VIC-197-663 Oct. 1936, VIC-214 Jan. 1939; to Mr Baker’s son Arthur Baker reg’d VIC-HE-432, VIC-SK-762 Oct. 1950; Harold H. Paynting, Vic., 1960s, reg’d VIC-JYK-800 Mar. 1968; in Mansfield. The most recent and fourth owner acquired the car off Paynting (the author of the David Flood series of books) in 1989. During his ownership the engine was rebuilt by McDermotts in the mid 1990’s. The car is estimated to have travelled some 5,000 miles since. The charm of this car is its originality. Apart being re-bodied in c1933 the car is essentially original and it looks to have original paint and trim, which whilst showing some age and patina are remarkably well kept. As they say the devil is in the detail and the original Bosch car radio (which works!), hat rack, blinds, pull out rear seats and table are all just a fabulous addition to the car. The car has been a regular attendee on an annual classic car rally through country Victoria over the last twenty years where it has always performed impeccably. Today the car starts relatively easily and once warm settles into a clinically smooth ‘Rolls Royce’ idle. The engine pulls strongly and car cruises effortlessly on the highway. On the road the car drives really well and performs as it should. ‘Rosie’ is accompanied by the original owner’s manual, parts book (copy), service instructions (printed on very fine carbon type paper), Rolls Royce build sheets, receipts for the engine work completed by McDermotts, some interesting Sol Green memorabilia as well as general Rolls Royce memorabilia. There is also a Rolls Royce tool kit. A unique opportunity.
  • 1949 M.G. TC FOR SALE

    Brisbane QLD
    $42,500
    Inc GST
    • 59,818 Miles
    • 4cyl 1250L
    • MANUAL
    • ROADSTER
    MG is one of the world’s most iconic motoring brands. Founded in 1924 by Cecil Kimber, MG (which are the initials for Morris Garages) produced some fabulous cars pre war and enjoyed much success in motoring racing. A milestone for the company occurred in 1933 when an MG Magnette K3 became the first non-Italian car to win its class at the Mile Miglia. Today when someone mentions MG you immediately think of ‘the affordable, everyman’s sports car’, and particularly the MGB. It was, however, post World War II that MG really brought the sports car to the people with the MG TC. The MG TA (built from 1936 – 1939) and MG TB (built from 1939 – 1940) were well regarded sports cars, but sold only in relatively small numbers. Introduced in 1945 the MG TC was in fact a very similar car to the MG TB, both visually and also mechanically sharing the same 1250 cc engine but with a slightly higher compression ratio. Whilst only built as right hand drive America fell in love with the MG TC and many cars were sold to American serviceman serving in the UK and Europe at the end of the war. In fact everyone loved the TC and cars were sold to all points of the globe! Over six years of production MG sold 10,000 MG TC’s. The MG TC was succeeded by the MG TD in 1945 and circa 30,000 cars were built before being replaced by the MG TF in 1953. Just under 10,000 TF’s were built of which one third had the 1500 cc engine. The T Series MG’s were replaced by the MGA in 1955. Oldtimer Australia is delighted to offer for sale this lovely 1949 MG TC. This particular car is confirmed by the MG TC Registry as being completed on the 26th May 1949 and it is understood to have been sold new in Australia. The car’s early history is not definitively known, however, it is understood to have lived in south east Queensland most of its life. A note on file from possibly the car’s first owner makes the comment “. . . if my memory serves me correct the original registration number was Q477260”. This makes sense as this registration plate is from 1949 or 1950. He gifted the car to a friend in 2008 who lived on the Atherton Tablelands. Its new owner enjoyed the car for a short time and it was then offered for sale in the August 2010 issue of Just Cars magazine. The car’s previous owner acquired the car in October 2010 and it formed part of a large collection in country Victoria. It was used sparingly, as confirmed by him and evidenced by the Club Permit log books. When acquired in 2010 there was an issue with car’s starter motor which had jammed. Unfortunately the engine was damaged when the car was being transported to its new owner. An insurance claim followed and the engine was fully rebuilt by the MG Workshops in Melbourne. The owner took the opportunity to go through the car mechanically and the end result that in excess of $30,000 was spent on the car. Since being acquired by Oldtimer Australia this car has been tidied up cosmetically and today it presents beautifully in the striking colour combination of black, with off white wheels and a dark red interior / soft top. TC’s have a reputation as being somewhat pedestrian to drive, however, this example must have had its engine ‘worked’ as it pulls strongly through the gears and it performs really well out on the open road. In fact is quite a delight to drive! The gearbox also shifts smoothly and the car handles and stops pretty well. Is this a concours car? No it is not. A purist will notice the dash has been slightly modified with the speedo and tacho now sitting in front of the driver and the spare wheel has a shroud or guard sitting across it. What it is though is a really well presented car in an absolutely stunning colour combination that is mechanically sorted and ready for its next owner to enjoy. An original Instruction Manual and good history file will accompany the car.
  • $79,950
    Inc GST
    • 581 Miles
    • CONVERTIBLE
    The Chevrolet Motor Car Company was founded in Detroit , USA in 1911. The company was merged into General Motors in 1917 and subsequently became a Division of that company. Chevrolet is an iconic American brand that is well known the world over. The 1950’s and 1960’s were a time of great change in America and the automobile played a significant part in the American way of life at that time. Chevrolet is recognised as producing the great American family car, however, Chevys have enjoyed much success in motor racing, the small block V8 is considered by many to be one of the greatest engines of all time and the Corvette, introduced in 1953, is perhaps the company’s crowning achievement. Another of Chevrolet’s great success stories was the Chevelle. This mid-sized automobile was first introduced in 1964 and built as a sedan, coupe, convertible and station wagon with many different engine options to cater for all markets. The Chevelle evolved over three generations throughout fifteen years of production. The muscle car market was significant and important for American manufacturers at that time. The Chevelle SS or ‘Super Sports’ was Chevrolet’s competitor in that space. Today the second generation Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 is recognised as one of the ‘great cars’ of that era. Oldtimer Australia is delighted to offer a 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Convertible. Back in 2014 the car had just completed a near decade long restoration that used only top notch components. The paint and chrome was all done. The whole interior was new and it certainly shows that way. The car is finished in a fantastic shade of nevada silver (originally 53 – placer gold) over correct black vinyl interior and black soft top. The car is fitted with a period correct LS6 motor mated to a THM-400 automatic transmission and proper 12-bolt 3.55 posi rear end. The car is fitted with a host of options including air conditioning, power top, power steering, power brakes with front discs and slotted rotors, bucket seats with headrests, centre console, comfort grip steering wheel, ZL2 cowl induction hood with pins, day/night rear-view mirror, windshield antenna, full Soft-Ray tinted glass, tilt column, AM radio, stainless fender trim and more! The car currently rides on a set of beautiful period staggered SS wheels with Chevrolet bowtie centre caps and trim rings. The tires are BF Goodrich Radial T/A measuring 245 front and 275 rear. The car was fitted with a new fuel tank and a host of other new components including brake lines, stainless steel braided fuel lines, rear springs, driveshaft, front suspension (A-arms, ball joints, Gas-matic shocks, springs), steering components, front inner fender wells and more. The owner at the time opted to fit Energy suspension engine mounts, Hotchkis rear trailing arms and front/rear sway bars and a billet finned differential cover. The car was built with driving in mind and as a result it was fitted with a Champion aluminium radiator, under dash SW water temperature & oil pressure gauges and front H4 HID lights that are significantly brighter than stock units and enable this to be a safer car after dark. This car was purchased by the current owner from the St Louis Car Museum in September 2014 and subsequently imported into Australia. The import approval is dated 29th October 2014. Once arriving into Australia the car has been used sparingly. When purchased the car had travelled a meagre 219 miles since restoration and today the odometer reads only 581 miles. Today this Chevelle presents in stunning condition inside and out. The Nevada Silver paint looks better than it ever could have in 1971. The interior is basically like new and the cabin is just a very nice place to be. Particular detail was spent in the undercarriage of this car and it certainly shows. Pump the throttle and turn the key and big block 454 burst into life with an almighty growl. She needs a few minutes to warm and settle . . . and then you go. And go it does with a dab on the throttle the car surges forward and just begs for more! The engine noise is quite something and this car makes what many believe to be the quintessential muscle car sound. Is it perfect? No, there is the odd very minor blemish in the paint and the soft top tonneau cover should be replaced. The car has been driven enough to correct all post-restoration bugs and the car is ready for its new owner to enjoy.
  • $139,950
    Ex Gov Charges
    • 13,157 Kms
    • V8cyl 2926L
    • MANUAL
    • 2D COUPE
    We are delighted to offer a wonderful example of Pininfarina’s classic, timeless Ferrari 308 GTB / GTS. This particular example is a 1983 308 GTSi and thus one of the first series of fuel injected cars. It was delivered new by Lance Dixon Ferrari in Melbourne, Australia on the 23rd March 1983 and finished in azzuro blue (Salchi paint code 633-8-005). The overall condition of this car is excellent. It is just a lovely, original and unmolested example. The car looks to have had a repaint at some stage and aside from the odd stone chip or mark the paint is excellent. Similarly all of the external trim, lenses and glass are in very good condition. The cabin is a lovely place to be and all of the leather is in excellent condition with no rips or tears. The carpet shows some wear but it is OK. All of the instruments are in good condition with the exception of the clock which has fogged up. Turn the key and the V8 engine starts easily and it settles into a smooth idle. Out on the open road the car performs as one would expect. It pulls strongly through the rev range and once warm the gear change is smooth and precise. The car handles really well and it stops as it should. This car has clearly been cherished and well cared for throughout its life. The service book and service receipts confirm this car has been regularly maintained, initially by Ferrari and later classic Ferrari specialists. It’s the little things on a car that one can see to really tell its story. On this car the rear boot cover zipper is tact, the front compartment is clean and undamaged (the plastic covers often crack) and everything just ‘feels right’. This 308 GTSi has just had a major service completed by a Ferrari specialist here in Brisbane and it is ready for its new owner to drive and enjoy. The car has a full set of books (including the warranty card / service book) in the correct and original Ferrari pouch, jack kit and a spare set of keys. Unfortunately the tool kit is missing but a replacement can be easily sourced. Price $149,950.
back to top
Oldtimer Australia

Oldtimer Australia

Refine search results

Advanced Search Options +
Sell fast and easy
Sell Now
List your vehicle until sold. Unlimited changes.